“When government is done, we have to keep going, and so we started a One South Carolina fund…to allow us to complete the work the government can’t do,” said Gov. Nikki Haley. “We are asking the people of South Carolina to step up today. We’re asking the people of the country to step up today. We’re saying if you were blessed and did not have damage with your home, if you were blessed and you had insurance, if you were blessed and you’re able to get back into a safe place, pay it forward.”
Flooding across the state touched the lives of South Carolinians from every walk of life, and, in doing so, inspired South Carolinians here at home and across the country to join in the relief effort.
Central Carolina Community Foundation (CCCF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving South Carolina since 1984, will assist the governor, and the following South Carolinians from entertainment, business and public service have joined the governor’s relief effort and agreed to serve on the One SC Fund’s advisory committee:
- Governor David Beasley- former Governor of South Carolina.
- Tajh Boyd- former starting quarterback for Clemson University.
- Stephen Colbert- host of The Late Show on CBS.
- Jay Hass- PGA golfer currently playing on the Champions Tour.
- Marcus Lattimore- former starting running back for the University of South Carolina.
- Edwin McCain- recording artist.
- Bob McNair- founder, chairman and CEO of the Houston Texans.
- Craig Melvin- MSNBC Anchor and NBC news correspondent.
- Chris Randolph- partner at South Street Partners.
- Jerry Richardson- founder and owner of the Carolina Panthers.
- Joe Riley- mayor of Charleston for 40 years.
- Darius Rucker- Grammy award winning recording artist.
- Steve Spurrier- former head football coach at the University of South Carolina.
- Dawn Staley – head women’s basketball coach at the University of South Carolina.
- Dabo Swinney- head football coach at Clemson University.
- Anita Zucker- CEO of The InterTech Group.
This effort is also supported by local leaders including the Regional Mayors Forum.
Those wishing to contribute to One SC can do so in the following four ways:
- Online: Visit www.onescfund.org to make an online donation with your credit card.
- Text Message: Text ‘onesc’ to 843-606-5601
- Call: Central Community Foundation at 803-254-5601
- Mail: Mail a check made payable to Central Carolina Community Foundation- One SC to: Central Carolina Community Foundation- One SC, 2711 Middleburg Drive, Suite 213, Columbia, SC 29204